Videosign supports the legal services industry with a range of digital tools to enable the witnessing of electronic and wet signatures remotely in a safe and secure platform.
Solicitors, paralegals, and associates working within the legal industry can make use of the many Videosign features and benefits including:
- Meet with clients face-to-face remotely – the Videosign platform incorporates a secure online meeting space, thereby speeding up the process and enabling meetings to be taken place irrelevant of distance and accessibility to review, sign, and witness documents compliantly
- Verify Identities – with Videosign you can perform and complete identity and verification checks within seconds of meeting your client, using enhanced facial recognition and biometrics, in accordance with The Legal Sector Affinity Group (LSAG) guidance and meet them in a face-to-face secured online meeting space
- Validate digital signatures with embedded certificates, recordings, and audits – meetings are automatically recorded and can be classed as evidential and used in courts
- Finalise documents – by meeting clients face-to-face with Videosign you have the tools required to offer a purely digital experience of remote signing and witnessing of documentation.
Examples of Videosign usage:
- Patent/Intellectual Property – With the IPO, WIPO, EPO and EUIPO making allowances for IP deadlines to be extended, and the changes in the law surrounding remote witnessing and electronic signatures, Covid has turned the IP world upside down. Videosign can provide legal professionals with the tools to continue to do business throughout the pandemic remotely, whilst improving efficiency and compliance.
- Will Writing – Videosign provides legal professionals with a secure and simple to use virtual meeting space where wills can be drawn up, discussed, signed, and witnessed remotely whilst producing robust and detailed evidence of meeting room activity.
- Deeds – There are different types of deeds, all of which have their own nuances with regards to how they are prepared, signed, witnessed, and ratified. Across all industries, it is now clear that the digital and remote execution of deeds is necessary to provide the most efficient, safe, and secure mechanisms for agreeing on them. Videosign offers the tools for professionals to transact deeds remotely and securely.
- Conveyancing – The ‘exchanging of contracts’ requires a lot of legal administrative work as paperwork is moved between different groups of people. The process can be made safer and more efficient whilst maintaining compliance using Videosign. Verify your clients’ identities (in accordance with LSAG guidance) and meet them in a face-to-face secured online meeting space to review, sign, and witness documents compliantly.
*We understand the intricacies and the current restrictions with areas of the legal system requiring witnessing of wet signatures and we wholeheartedly and actively support the campaigns to update the laws relating to the signing of residential deeds in the conveyancing process, and of signing and witnessing of wills.